
On Saturday, it was 15 degrees outside! It was so wonderful. I promise, I'm not being facetious! It felt so good. So, we decided to celebrate by going out to get some ice cream.
First, we went to an indoor playground with the kids. It was great for them to get out some energy. After that, Drew found this gem of an ice cream place in downtown St. Paul called Izzy's. It has fun gourmet flavors as well as the regular favorites. Apparently it's won awards for being some of the best ice cream in the country. We had a fun time. Including but not limited to a few screams, two brain freezes, lots of stares from strangers, and one of the kids threw up from choking on the ice cream. But, it really was a fun time. Again, I'm not being facetious.
After that, we went to a local Italian market down town that had yummy and fresh ingredients for (you guessed it) Italian food. We decided to buy some of the delicious items and made a fabulous shrimp pasta for dinner when we got home. It was so nice to have family time together after a long week. Can't wait for next Saturday! We get to go on our date for Valentine's day!!
First, we went to an indoor playground with the kids. It was great for them to get out some energy. After that, Drew found this gem of an ice cream place in downtown St. Paul called Izzy's. It has fun gourmet flavors as well as the regular favorites. Apparently it's won awards for being some of the best ice cream in the country. We had a fun time. Including but not limited to a few screams, two brain freezes, lots of stares from strangers, and one of the kids threw up from choking on the ice cream. But, it really was a fun time. Again, I'm not being facetious.
After that, we went to a local Italian market down town that had yummy and fresh ingredients for (you guessed it) Italian food. We decided to buy some of the delicious items and made a fabulous shrimp pasta for dinner when we got home. It was so nice to have family time together after a long week. Can't wait for next Saturday! We get to go on our date for Valentine's day!!
6 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I know what you mean about it heating up. It's not quite as cold here, but I get really excited when it gets in the 20's. Lately, though, we've had it really warm. And all that good food sounds yummy! I love weekends when daddy's home!
Oh you are making me SOOOOOO hungry!
Sounds yummy. It's always fun to take outings with the fam. I had to laugh at the screams, brain freezes and throw up. Life with kids! What are you doing for your valentine date????
So yummy! I do believe I've been to Izzy's before. It feels so good to get out as a family every so often. It's always so tiring but so worth it. Happy Valentine's day!
Sounds fun! Dave and I decided to go out with the kids more and ignore what others thought. Sometimes we even have people tell us that our kids are so well behaved. What?! Hope you have a wonderful date.
That sounds like such a fun day. I'm glad its warming up!
Post a Comment