It's been said that you can try anything for 30 days. Hasn't it? I think I've heard something like that. Or is it two weeks?
Regardless.
Drew & I have decided that we're going to commit to not eating out for 30 days. We're doing this for a couple of reasons. I've noticed that it's easy to grab a little something here. Or a little something there. Then it turns into a bad habit.
Sure, it's fun to go out to eat for a date night. But, if we can succeed at our goal, then we can start from square one. Eat out, say, once a week for date night. Or something over which we have more control.
We're starting our 30 days of torture, rather not eating out on Monday. Hopefully it won't be too hard, because there really aren't many great restaurants close to where we live. For the really good places, we venture to the city. Wish us luck. I decided to blog about it because once you tell people about it, you're a little more committed, right? Kind of like trying to loose weight.
Anyone want to try it with us?
(P.S. We also want to cancel our cable service. One thing at a time.)
6 comments:
This must be to help pay those heating bills right? I would love to say I could do that, but I have tried. It is too hard. I should I know, but I do love to eat out.
Natalie that is going to be hard. But good job for trying! I wish I could join you but we're going out of town. Maybe we'll try it sometime though, I do like to do little challenges like that.
How I would love to do that. But I do love to dine out. We try to keep it less than once every 10 days or so, and it doesn't always work. Good for you for trying. As for cable, I could never do that. I don't watch many TV shows nor do the kids, but I do love watching sports. It's mindless and I don't have to keep up with the plot line.
I've been trying to talk Jeremy into cancelling the cable! He thinks I'm nuts, but that's $60 we could save each month. My bargaining chip is that we could do the Blockbuster/Netflix thing instead, and I think that's like $10/month if you take out one movie at a time. I'll let you know who wins this battle ;)
Wow Natalie! What a great money-saving resolution! It's true, I think that it will make going out a more special treat. Way to go!
Good luck! We don't eat out too much, but I hope we never have to cancel cable. We came close last year - as part of a budget crisis. But Jakob got an unexpected bonus and it went straight to keeping the cable. You know I love my TV!
Post a Comment