It's been forever since I've blogged. Here's a little update on the happenings at our house:
We are doing GREAT on the 30 days of not eating out. I have been cooking more consistently. There's a good feeling that comes from feeding your family. Drew supplements on the weekends with his magical cooking touch. He made us the best hamburgers on the grill that I've ever tasted! Ever tried Swiss cheese melted on them? We got this idea from our sister, and it is divine!
Want to know the truth? We don't even miss eating out! It feels rather triumphant that we have gone this long without doing it and I feel confident that we can reach our goal. This has been kind of a purging process for me. After it's over, we'll enjoying eating out once a week or every ten days. Besides, if we do that, we will go to yummy or fun places rather than chains or fast food. Yes, chains that I once loved I now don't. My husband has turned me into a food snob.
I have almost reached my goal to spring clean my whole house. I have two rooms left to do. Never mind that they are the hardest rooms to tackle. I burned out. Of course. What did I think would happen? In the back of my mind I knew this wasn't the best idea. However, I am of the opinion that only a fool learns from her own mistakes. And so, the foolish mistake of trying to do everything at once taught me a lot about balance, perspective, and what's important. It's amazing how cleaning, organizing and general care of your house can totally consume you - even rob you of the opportunity to build relationships and develop other talents. Lesson learned. Well, after I finish the last two rooms, lesson will be learned. (Just kidding). I will post pictures soon of the little projects that were completed.
Last week, I hosted a jewelry party. I did this in hopes of getting free jewelry. After all was said and done, I was so excited to be able to get a few things for free! When it comes I'll show you some pictures. Wow, I feel so fancy wearing jewelry again.
On Saturday, the kids were enjoying the beautiful weather and running through the sprinklers. Afterwards, they wandered over to our sandbox with their swimming suits still wet. Well, wet swimsuits and sandboxes make a bit of a mess. I glanced outside and saw Megan completely NAKED! Yes, she's almost four years old. I ran outside, hollering, "Megan! Get your clothes back on, that's not appropriate!" She seemed unfazed and mentioned that she didn't want to put on her wet, sandy swimsuit. Thankfully, I was embarrassed enough for the both of us.
School will be over in five weeks! I can't believe it. And what am I going to do with my kids?
Now, I've blogged myself silly. More updates to come later :)
P.S. See my cute Andrew? He loves to read, and loves to say "CHEEEEEEEESE!" for the camera.
5 comments:
That is one adorable kid! And to think you have 2.5 more! :)
We missed your wit! I am so impressed on your goal. Seriously. I don't think I could do it even for a week. But I know I should try.
Go Natalie! I can't believe you have almost spring cleaned your entire house and your pregnant! Wow. Your my inspiration.
Lol about Megan running around naked. So funny.
I'm glad you're back too! And great job on the not eating out. one of these days Dave and I will try that goal, it's a good one. I'm impressd you've been able to do. You are an inspiration with all of your cleaning. I'm going to start over here as soon as we're done spring cleaning our yard.
Congrats on not eating out! That has to feel great. And I can't believe you have almost finished cleaning your entire house! That's amazing. I am REALLY excited for pictures of the things you've accomplished. I would love to see pictures of your entire house. That picture of Andrew is so adorable. And I loved the story about a naked Megan. She definitely seems like a free spirit!
I'm glad you're back! I vote for a room-by-room tour of the Hoopes household through pictures! Great job on not eating out; now I'm craving Swiss cheese hamburgers!
Post a Comment