This weekend, Drew and some friends installed a sprinkling system. So far, we've invested lots of money in anticipation of a completed, up and running system. And it's been somewhat of a headache. For various reasons, we had to postpone putting it in from one weekend to the next. And then to the next. Then to the next. Once we finally settled on a date to install it, the guys went to work. Until about 4:00 pm. Then there was rain like I've never seen before. I'm telling you, Murphy & I are great friends, but I would have preferred not to have a visit from Murphy on that particular afternoon. (Don't you know Murphy? The last name is Law. Murphy's Law.) They had no choice but to stop. The ditches they had dug were flooded.
So, Drew will be busy trying to finish up the sprinkling system during the evenings this week so that we can see if we really do love having it after all. Drew has no doubt. Me - I'd rather have furniture!
On to another love/hate relationship. This morning, I couldn't find Megan. I started searching for her and ended up finding her hiding in Andrew's closet chowing down on the last of the Oreos. Love the cookies. Hate it when mom tells you that you can't eat the whole bag... Well, I decided to approach it a bit differently. "It's OK, Megan. You don't need to hide in the closet. You can just ask mommy for a cookie."
That's right, sweetheart. Embrace your love of Oreos. Like we all do.
Now, let's talk about the love/hate relationship I have with the grocery store. Love having full cupboards and fresh food. Hate going to buy it. Today, I took the two youngest with me to the Grocery store, and it was honestly the easiest and best experience I've ever had. Seriously, that deserves mentioning. I did my grocery shopping for the week in 30 minutes! It wasn't crowded. I was able to find everything I needed. The kids were quiet and got along. Someone catch me, I'm about to faint!
5 comments:
I definitely have a love hate relationship with many things.
The yard. I HATE working in the yard. And I am totally with you on the money. Why did I have to spend $3,000 on a wall when that could have given us an awesome trip to Hawaii for our anniversary or been a great downpayment on a new car?
Sprinklers. As Miles has spent the entire last week fixing grass and broken sprinkler pipes instead of helping me paint...yet, I would kill the lawn for sure if I had to go water everyday.
Junk food. I love it but I hate it. I hate that I have no self control. I had to shove the last snickers with almonds in Miles pocket as he left for work because I knew there was no way I could resist it. Yet as soon as he left I sat down to eat the last peice of crisp.
Shopping...I only love shopping alone. Otherwise, I hate it. Actually I mean alone as without kids. I absolutely adore it with my mom or a girlfriend!
I hear you on the yard - we have the worst and ugliest yard. In the entire neighborhood. I'm ready to invest in some afro-turf. Totally serious.
Whoa, you'll have to tell me what was on your menu for the week! I'd love to do a 30 min. grocery run! Even when I'm by myself, my legs just seem to move slower at the grocery store. I think I browse the aisles too much too - instead of grabbing what I need and moving on. I hope you get your sprinklers worked out and Murphy goes to visit someone else! (please, not me!)
ok, I can feel your pain with the yard. It is NEVER done. We work out there so much and there's always more to do and more money down the drain. It is so frustrating! I hope the sprinkler situation gets finished. There's nothing more annoying than a half finished project!
Good luck finishing your sprinklers! Yard stuff is definitely love/hate here. Actually, it is mostly hate lately. The only people that the yard is for are the boys, and they practically die every time I MAKE them play in the backyard. TV anyone?
Post a Comment