Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Birthday Marathon Part Four, Take Two

The weather cooperated, and we were finally able to have James's Water Birthday Party!!!

We began with a bunch of water toys in the backyard. The kids were happy and entertained with that until lunch. Then we had pizza (what else) for lunch with fruit & veggies. Followed by cupcakes - which many children proclaimed to be the best cupcakes they'd ever had. Gotta love cake mixes. Next it was on to presents and some more water play before the end of the party. We sent them home with water guns for party favors. Oops. The kids were shooting their parents with them as they came to pick up their kids. Sorry, parents.




And a HUGE THANK YOU to my parents. I seriously could NOT have done it without their help. Unfortunately, I think I'm already starting to make them tired, and the baby isn't even here yet :)

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

No matter how old you get, it is always nice to have your mommy and daddy!

D-dawg said...

I'm so glad you guys could finally have the party. It looks fun! I'm glad you got that slide pool, we loved ours until my kids popped it. Also, James has the same suit from Target.

Brooke said...

What a gorgeous green backyard! All that work on the sprinkler system must have paid off! I love that picture of James laughing and looking so thrilled. What a grown up boy! Glad the weather cooperated.

Take a big rest Natalie!!

Mindy said...

I'm so glad that you finally got to have James's party! It looked like a blast!

Laura said...

Looks like a BLAST! Put your feet up- you only have 24 hours!

Judy said...

I'd say that now it's time to relax and take it easy, but the real work is about to begin, huh! Can't wait to see this new baby!

Jeni and Dave said...

You are so crazy that you had these parties the week of your baby coming! You are an AMAZING mom! Thanks for your example!

little miss shortcake said...

what a fun party!

i slaved (i really don't cook) over a homemade chocolate cake with gooey homemade chocolate ice cream for kylie's last birthday... nobody even noticed. they just thought it was boxed cake mix. and it will be from now on.

Evelyn said...

Great idea for a party- kids can stay out of the house for the most part and they can really enjoy themselves. Love the water toys. Looks like it was a big success.