Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Quiz

How do you feel about Halloween:
a) Love it. It's lots of fun.
b) Get it overwith so that all the Christmas stuff can come out at Target.

Let's get into the spirit of Halloween:
a) Haunted houses are awesome.
b) Eh ... no thanks.

When it comes to candy, you:
a) Buy the candy that you love to eat.
b) Buy the gross, cheap stuff since strangers are coming to your door asking for candy which is really kind of rude if you think about it.

When the trick-or-treaters come, you:
a) Give out handfulls to the cute little devils.
b) Only give out one candy at a time.

When your kids are in bed, you:
a) Raid their bags for the good stuff.
b) Throw some of it out a little bit at a time - they don't need extra sugar!

A bunch of 16 year olds have come to your door dressed in lame costumes and carrying overflowing pillow cases of candy. You:
a) Roll your eyes and give them candy anyway.
b) Roll your eyes and tell them you're all out of candy.

Which statement describes you:
a) I like Halloween best. It's all about treats.
b) I like Thanksgiving better. It's all about food.

If you answered mostly A to these questions, you are a Happy Halloweener. If you chose B most often, you are an official Halloween Scrooge.


Now for some of my favorite Halloween memories:
* My first Halloween in the Bronx. You don't really want to go knocking on doors in many areas of the Bronx asking for candy.
* The year I was Princess Leia for Halloween and my little brother was an Ewok. So cool.
* The rich people who handed out regular size candy bars to trick-or-treaters. Jackpot!
* The neighbors who handed out toothbrushes instead of candy. What are you, a dentist?
* The year my brother was a toilet for Halloween.


Do you like these pumpkins? Emily slept through it all. Andrew wasn't interested. So, we carved self-portraits of James & Megan. One is the tormentor and teaser extraordinaire. Thus, the evil grin. And the other is the tormented, hence the howling and weeping.

15 comments:

Jill said...

Cute pictures!! I liked the quiz :) I am a Happy Halloweener. It's a pretty fun and random holiday. I do like Thanksgiving and Christmas better though!! YIPPEE. Now we can start the celebration for those!

Kelly said...

Natalie,

How how did you get these up so quickly? The kids look so cute. I loved your Halloween quiz. I must confess, I lean toward the scrooge side. I am SICK of candy, and now I can move on to Whitney's b-day, Thanksgiving, and yes, Christmas (Target, here we come)!

So, here's a great idea we just got from a neighbor at the bus stop this morning. A little Halloween fairy comes to their house and removes the candy and leaves a little gift in it's place...and a few pieces of candy for them to have the rest of the week. I'm going to try to get a hold of this fairy today and see if she can stop by our house.

P.S. Love the pumpkins. You guys are the critically acclaimed carvers, aren't you? I laughed hard about the tormentor and the howler!

Brooke said...

Looks like we were on the same wavelength this year. We had a Tinkerbell at our house too. The kids look so great. And your pumpkins are awesome! I think that I'm half Halloween-Scrooge, half Happy-Halloweener. It really is fun to watch the kids enjoy it.

Laura said...

Your kids look darling! I LOVE Halloween! I think it is so fun to dress up!! I get all excited!

bsmith13 said...

How do I feel about Halloween:
Love it.

Let's get into the spirit of Halloween:
I prefer Corn Mazes, Pumpkin patches, and "Arsenic and Old Lace".

Candy: Buy what you eat.

Trick-or-treaters:
Handfuls to the polite kids, one each to the rude ones. We've been known to give out Hot Wheels too.

When kids are in bed:
Leave their candy alone and order dinner out for Becky and me. Candy is sacrosanct when you're a kid!

16 year olds normally only show up when I really am out of candy.

I like both Halloween and Thanksgiving. Dessert First!

Jill said...

Hello again! Yes, Shauna's blog is ashnshauna.blogspot.com. Her family is so cute! Thanks for the nice comments :)

D-dawg said...

I am definitely a happy halloweener. And great pumpkins too. They remind me of Logan and Macey! hahahaha I guess that's what big brothes and little sis's are. Happy Halloween!

Jeni and Dave said...

I didn't know I had some Halloween Scrooge in me... A rude 16-year-old with no costume on rang my doorbell. As I carefully selected a very lame piece of candy to put in his 20 pound pillowcase, he said: "I want Skittle". (translation: "I want the Skittles"). I promptly told him those were for the neighborhood kids! Surprised by my answer, I softened after he told me he lives "kind of close -- down the street" (yeah right!). I still gave him his Skittles but who knew I could so easily give him a bad time! I have definitely been pondering these questions in your survey. Thanks for bringing them up! Where do you fall?

little miss shortcake said...

cute costumes! we almost did peter pan and tinkerbell, too.
i am half and half on the quiz. i guess i'm a hallowienie.

Keri said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween. Love the pumkin carving. I would have to say I love Halloween. I don't get into all the decorations or spending $ on all the Halloween decorations, but, I love trick or treating with my kids. I have to say my favorite is trading candy at the end of the night.

Alicia said...

I wish I were more of a Halloween scrooge when those teenagers come to my door but we live around some pretty scary teenagers so I guess it's self preservation!

I love peter pan and tinker bell!

Mindy said...

Your kids are adorable! Good job on costumes this year. I think my feelings toward Halloween depend on the year. This year I was definitely not into it as much as I normally am. But oh, well! I love the pumpkins, too! I think it's great to showcase the kid's personalities!

KickButtMommy said...

How do you feel about Halloween:
a) Love it. It's lots of fun.

Let's get into the spirit of Halloween:
b) Eh ... no thanks.


When it comes to candy, you:
a) Buy the candy that you love to eat.

When the trick-or-treaters come, you:
a) Give out handfulls to the cute little devils.

When your kids are in bed, you:
a) Raid their bags for the good stuff.

A bunch of 16 year olds have come to your door dressed in lame costumes and carrying overflowing pillow cases of candy. You:
a) Roll your eyes and give them candy anyway.

Which statement describes you:
b) I like Thanksgiving better. It's all about food.

Guess I am somewhere in the middle!

Mad Queen said...

Love your Halloween quiz... original and it totally made me laugh. You are hilarious. I am a happy halloweener... but I do always donate a ziplock bag or two to some deserving charity (like neighbors who go to work and want to share the treats with their co-workers... Glenn takes a bag too). You are speedy at getting your pictures up...do you really have 4 kids? I need a spy camera in your house... maybe you have not showered and are still in your pajamas... that must be the secret of your succes...ha!

Evelyn said...

I'm definitely a Happy Halloweener! So cute Natalie!! Love the kids' costumes... very very sweet. Yes- I think trick or treating in the Bronx might be scary!