Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Programs

Tis the season for grade school concerts, preschool programs, and dance class performances. Want to see?

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth


Megan as an angel for her preschool program




This is about as much Christmas cheer as we're going to get out of this kid.



Little Emily just wondering when it will be her turn to star in a program.



Getting ready for more pictures


Can you tell they're excited for Christmas?

Next, I'm trying to figure out how to add a video of Megan's dance performance. In the mean time, shall we take a quick poll. Since this is such a busy time of year, let's commiserate:

What is the worst possible errand to run with kids:

A. The post office with lots of big boxes to mail and a long line.

B. Going to the dentist for mom.

C. The Grocery Store - isn't it always? see here

D. Other (please name your nightmare errand with kids)

I put my vote in the comments section. Looking forward to your answers.

14 comments:

Natalie said...

I say the post office.

Just picture it: a few boxes, an escape artist two year old, and an infant in a car seat.

Thank you Drew for doing that errand for me this year :)

little miss shortcake said...

It has and always will be the grocery store for me.

KickButtMommy said...

POST OFFICE hands down.

Chad and Sara said...

Well I can't tell you which would be worse but I will say that you have the cutest kids. They are a perfect combo of you and Drew. Can't wait to see you at the family party in january.

About Me said...

Post office! I have already experienced this and it totally stinks! I hate it!

Judy said...

Oh, I agree...post office.It's the worst.

I love those pics of your cute kids. I remember losing my two front teeth right before Christmas, too. Actually, I lost one and then had Isaac pull out the other one when my parents were gone so when they got home I could sing that song to them!

Kim said...

I admit, now that my kids are older, I do most of my errands without them. The worst, however, is taking my HUSBAND with me to the craft/fabric/scrapbooking store. He stands around looking so pitiful and bored and I can't buy nearly as much without getting dirty looks or exasperated sighs from him. I feel your pain, though. I remember the days.

Rachael said...

Going to the dentist with kids for mom? Are you crazy? How could you handle being hooked up to sharp, pointing things while your 2yr old and possibly preschooler are on the prowl? And then a baby on top of that? Sorry Natalie, I'd give up my dentist appts before I'd do it alone. You are a brave soul.

BTW - I love Emily's dress.

Jessica Brown said...

Yea I think I'm going to have to go with the grocery store, but I only have one little grimlin so who am I to talk? I love the pictures Nat! I love there outfits too. I can't wait to see Megan's dance performance.

Kelly said...

Darling pics, Natalie! (you've got to put one on of Emily's little red shoes though). I'd love to see video of Megans' dance. Merry Christmas. I wish our families could be together!

Jeni and Dave said...

I definitely vote for the post office. I had the unfortunate opportunity to go yesterday with all three kids. I officially will not be going back until next year. Grocery shopping is no picnic either, but I still think post office wins. In fact, I just read someone else's blog venting of the same thing!

P.S. Natalie, I thought you'd like this one. As I was leaving the pediatrician's office yesterday, someone looked at me and said, "Woa. You OBVIOUSLY do daycare."

Anonymous said...

Not sure which one I would vote for - it's a tie. Pretty much any errand is a huge PITA with children involved.

The post office used to be the worst until I discovered that you can pay for, print postage and arrange pick up ONLINE. Yes, you read that right: ON.LINE. That is the only way I ship packages now (and I ship plenty). Email me or call me if you want the 411 on how to do it.

D-dawg said...

Grocery store for sure! I can't concentrate with everyone running around and there are always people in my way! It stresses me out. Cute pictures. Can Emily be any cuter???

Mad Queen said...

Love it! It does not matter what time of year you go, or how big the line is, or how many of your kids you have with you... the POST OFFICE is ALWAYS BAD! The kids are bored, there are no treats, you have to be there (usually for some kind of mailing deadline), and there are pleanty of stuff for them to touch that they should not touch, including the poles with the ropes that keep the line in order... can't tell you how many times those have come crashing down. Ahhhhh!