Friday, January 18, 2008

I Need a Pep Talk

I'm having a hard time getting rid of this baby weight.
Especially because of Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. And all the travel.
Looking at the scale each week consists of a lot of ups, downs and stand stills.
coughExcusescough.
Here are the other reasons I'm not losing the weight:

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about this myself. Weight watchers keeps sending me these "motivational" messages: Daily Diet Tips. They're all cute and perky, but what they really need to say is:
Daily Diet Tip 1/18
Avoid buying the chocolate covered cashews while in line at Target and eating them all before you pull in the garage.
Ug.

KickButtMommy said...

Christian had nutella on toast for breakfast this morning and Miles asked "what kind of a breakfast is chocolate toast?" We all agreed a good one!

And what baby weight? You looked AMAZING in SLC!

Jenny G said...

You'll lose it, you always have. You are my inspiration.

As a helpful side note...One of my favorite snacks is to take the honeybee's, about 4 at a time, and place them in a small dish of milk for a moment then spoon them in my mouth and let the milk burst out. Mmmm. Try it.

Mindy said...

I am with you on all the chocolate stuff, but I've never been into snack crackers or graham crackers. I've never had those 'Bees', though, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing.

But I agree that in all the pictures you look great! I can not tell you have any weight to lose.

Megan Nordstrom said...

Hey Natalie,
I don't know if you know this, but after you inspired Sarah to start WW she inspired me, and I have done really well. Last Christmas (06) I was a star. This Christmas, not so good. But I am trying to get back on track. We can do it right???
Megan Nordstrom

Keri said...

Natalie, from your pictures you look great. Real great. I am sure you are just being too hard on yourself.Heck, you just had a baby. Oct. to Jan. is always hard for anyone. That is what is so great about a new year. ps. glad to know i am not the only one always trying to lose 5 pounds. Ive been trying for years.

Jen said...

Ahh, Natalie. Your list is so much shorter than mine. I am NOT looking forward to the losing, but have enjoyed the gaining!

Evelyn said...

I could not agree more with your list of temptations. I am always chowing down on teddy grahms, and granola bars- whatever it is that I'm feeding to the kids. LOVE your Christmas pictures. What fun! Except for the trip back home. Sorry it took you so long- what a pain, but you'll probably look back fondly on your long road trip one day!

Rachael said...

Have you tried Nutella on a bananna? Then you only have 1/2 the guilt. :)

Kelly said...

Natalie, you looked so great in the Christmas pictures. I meant to say it earlier, if I didn't. My advice: give yourself a year to get back to normal. Don't try to rush it. And don't watch biggest looser. I don't know why, but that show always makes me so snacky.

Natalie said...

Kelly: That must be the culprit. I watched Biggest Loser every Tuesday night. No more, I tell ya.

D-dawg said...

Natalie those hershey kisses brownies look SO good. I'm dying I want some right now. I think you look great in your pics. I wish I could give you a pep talk but I really want to say you just had baby #4 so you need to give yourself a break! You look great and the weight you want off will come off eventually. For now, enjoy your chocolate... sometimes its the only thing I look forward to everyday!

bsmith13 said...

Umm, I'm only a guy, but I saw you at Christmas, and I can't figure out what weight you are talking about. That you weigh as little as you do after 4 kids is amazing. You should maybe give yourself a break.

Jill said...

Are you aspiring to be anorexic or something because you look fabulous...ESPECIALLY after having 4 kids. I'm sure you are skinnier than I am and I've never had a kid!

I hope for your personal satisfaction though, that you can get to your ideal weight, and I'm sure you will!!
You are beautiful!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

I think you look awesome!! Don't stress too much! I don't get too hung up on a number- focus more on how your clothes are fitting and focus on your "health" instead! (I don't think you need to lose anything else!!)

Mad Queen said...

Secret... move to Japan... you can't get any of those snacks here. What you do get here is so healthy you don't really want to eat it. Seaweed crackers anyone? Ha! Good times.

With all that said, I still have to run. How can I not snack 24/7 and still need to exercise? Isn't riding my bike to and from my kids school enough daily exercise? Nope. I run 3-4 days a week... sheesh! I think it is an "age" thing. You are the best. Keep blogging.

AD said...

Yes, Yummy. Those are goodies that are hard to resist. You know what I do with nutella? I make nutella RICE CRISPY TREATS!!!!!! Just mix some into the melted marshmellows before you add the cereal.........Mmmmmmmm.