On the radio the other day, I heard of a new blanket called the Snuggly.
It's such a great blanket because it has sleeves. How awesome is that?
You don't have to move your blanket to change the channel on the remote.
Or to answer the phone. Or to turn on a lamp.
Apparently, it's selling like crazy.
As I was reading in my bed last night and my fingers were too cold to turn the pages,
I decided they need to make an enhanced Snuggly blanket.
Not only with sleeves, but gloves too!
Too bad I just shared my brilliant idea.
I could have been a millionaire.
As I was waiting for the clothes to come out of the dryer today
I was catching up on some blogs.
I heard my daughter's cheesy Barbie movie in the background.
Barbie was singing,
"...But I'd rather be in my library reading science books all day..."
Yeah, RIGHT!
I'm not buying it, Barbie.
Your attempt to be politically correct was painfully obvious.
And it failed.
Last week I saw a mom at the library with her son.
He was being pretty naughty.
But the mom totally engaged in the battle with him.
She picked him up in attempts to show him who was boss.
But he gouged her eyes with his fingers.
Ouch.
You could tell it hurt, not only by seeing it,
but by the loud scream the mom let out.
She threw him over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes
and threatened him all the way out the door.
I could understand her pain.
But more than ever, I understood why yelling at your kids (especially in public) is a no-no.
The parent looks pretty ridiculous when they stop acting like the adult.
I tried not to stare.
But I was so grateful that my kids were being good that day.
Heaven knows we've had plenty of stare-worthy moments in public.
Today is day two of doing the laundry. Think I can finish it before Friday?
Better go. I think the clothes are dry now.
14 comments:
Yummy, YUMMY treats!! And they are so pretty, too! I hear you on the stare thing- I think we have all been there!
Don't forget it is one size fits all. Hadley repeats that commercial to me verbatim all the time. She really wants one.
I can so tell you are feeling better....it is nice to have you back.
I can totally relate to that poor mom. Of course, I can relate to the kid too.
Natalie, you are back! I love your voice, don't ever stop. I remember when Jake was about three, he threw a plastic toy horse at my face in sacrament meeting and it scratched me and drew blood (a little). I hauled him out of that chapel over my shoulder so fast we were a blur. Not a cherished childhood moment!
mmm... those strawberries look SO GOOD.
and thanks for the laugh about barbie!
You make me laugh! Every time I hear that line from the Princess and the Pauper movie I think the same thing...
You're so cute...love your thoughts. And those strawberries look DIVINE!
Oh, and I crack up everytime I read your profile "I smile because I have no idea what's going on."
HILARIOUS!
YOur blog makes me laugh natalie. I love your blog. Seriously. It is always fun to read. I saw that commercial over Dec. about that blanket. Emma adn I were totally laughingh. I mean really. About the library. I know this is selfish but I love when I am in a situation like that. WHen a mom or kid are freaking out. I makes me feel better about myself or my kids. anyway love the chat
Your post wouldn't be you without food.
Gosh, boy show don't even try!
I always take guilty pleasure in others bad moments. You know, so-glad-it-isn't-me. When all I can do is gave the been-there-done-that smile.
so glad to see your back to writing what is so true and funny about life.
the strawberries are my FAVORITE dessert! i may make my way over to enjoy them with you.
love to library comments. i feel like i have been on both sides of that scenerio. there is no fast way out when you want to escape with a naughty child. i bet the over the shoulder act caught a lot of attention.
Congrats Natalie! I have 5 too, and although we are sometimes in complete chaos, I wouldn't trade my life for anything! Who cares what other people think anyway? They just don't know what they're missing!
I have a major weakness for chocolate covered strawberries. I'd eat them every day if I could :)
Great post! The other day I was on my bike yelling at Jonas for disappearing at school and I thought he had been kidnapped... when I stopped yelling, I heard another mother yelling in the apartment next to me... I recognized the voice... it was my very dear friend here... I CRACKED UP... see we are not the only ones!
Great post! The other day I was on my bike yelling at Jonas for disappearing at school and I thought he had been kidnapped... when I stopped yelling, I heard another mother yelling in the apartment next to me... I recognized the voice... it was my very dear friend here... I CRACKED UP... see we are not the only ones!
Post a Comment