Sunday is the Sabbath day for us.
We believe Sunday should be a day of rest and worship.
Let's be honest.
If you've got little kids
and loads of church responsibilities on Sunday,
and loads of church responsibilities on Sunday,
It's hard to get in some quality rest.
Or worship.
Or worship.
Below, I've listed some tips that help me to have a more restful Sabbath day.
Just try one of these, and I promise you, your Sunday will run more smoothly.
** Try to wake up before everyone else and get yourself ready first.**
I learned the hard way that Sunday morning is not the ideal day to sleep in.
**Set the table for dinner before you go to church.**
If your church meets earlier in the day, set the table the night before.
**Prepare a slow cook meal that is ready for you when you come home.**
If you are making dessert, do that Saturday night.
**When you come home from church, re-pack your church bag for the next week.**
This has been a life saver for me. Special thanks to my SIL, Brooke, who taught me this.
**50 pile pick up**
Despite my best efforts, the house kind of explodes as we get ready for church.
When we come home, I announce,
"OK, time for 50-pile pick up! Everyone go pick up 50 things!"
As soon as my kids claim they've picked up 50 things, I say,
"Great! Go pick up 50 more!"
Credit for this idea goes to my MN friend, Brooke.
(Are all Brookes naturally smart? I've gotten some great ideas from all the Brookes in my life)
**PJ's are not overrated**
If your church meetings end anytime after 12:30 pm,
change your kids right into their PJ's when you get home.
It contributes to an earlier bedtime.
You can thank me later.
**Use the time after church to work on your church calling and church responsibilities.**
I am the primary chorister.
This means I teach songs to the children at church.
After primary, new ideas for my calling are fresh on my mind.
I like to use Sunday afternoon or evening to plan and prepare for my calling.
I like to use Sunday afternoon or evening to plan and prepare for my calling.
When I don't do this, I get too caught up in my regular weekly tasks.
Then I put off primary until it is almost too late.
Then I put off primary until it is almost too late.
You don't want to be doing your Sunday lessons late Saturday night, do you?
Yeah. Me neither.
I'm only kind of kidding.
13 comments:
"Don't answer the phone on Sunday morning."
I'm NOT kidding.
Did you know that Josh is the bishop? On Sunday be grateful that you're not the bishop's wife...or are you? You'd make a much better one, that's for sure!
SERIOUSLY don't answer the phone on Sunday morning. No good can come of it. EVER.
I agree - answering the phone on Sunday morning can totally ruin your day.
If you're kidding, I hope it's the Smith kind of kidding which means you're really not kidding, but you know it would make you look like a nicer person if you really were kidding.
Heather - you are spot on.
Such good tips--especially the PJ's one. I've got to try that! And I agree about getting ready first, before the kids get up. I've had way too many Sundays where I throw on a dress and run out the door at the last minute because all of my time is used up getting the kids ready. No fun! And I love your new hair--you look great with bangs! Enjoy your extra hour of sleep tonight :)
*Sigh, with an eye roll, and a hint of a smile in there too*
You've all said just what I was thinking about the last tip. If I didn't know it before, being Primary Prez DEFINITELY taught me that one!
Hey, Natalie, I'm the Primary chorister too! Guess why I'm on the computer at this hour on a Saturday night?...
Love all your tips. Some of them I actually do, once in a while. Maybe I should try them out again, and the new ones along with it! Thanks!
Natalie,
I am just LOVING all of your tips. And your writing. Seriously, thanks for all of these posts. You're helping one household at a time. I've loved these posts.
Love the hair, love the menu planning ideas, love the pebble thing, love the cleaning suggestions and love you for all the ideas!
I agree with your ideas! I don't even turn the ringer on, then I can honesty say I didn't know I missed a call.
Natalie, I stumbled onto your blog again after not seeing it for a while and my goodness, I LOVE IT! I feel like I just went to mom school. I can't wait to plan my meals, organize this place, and be efficient! Keep these posts coming , my friend! P.S. There is a chance we may be in Minneapolis next year. If we end up coming, I'd love to chat with you about places to live, etc.
I'm now considering naming our daughter Brooke.
Post a Comment