Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Big Events Around This Place

We finally changed our kitchen floor. Hooray!

Here are some pictures of the kitchen before...

The first picture is what it looked like before we moved in - the kitchen is the small picture on the right side of the brochure. See the ugly linoleum in the second picture? Yuck. In the third picture, do you notice something is missing? That annoying half wall between the kitchen and dining room.








And, now we have an open space that we like so much better!


And, I just celebrated my bloggersversary! That's right, one whole year of blogging. Thanks for sticking with me through 100 plus posts of learning about my cooking skills, diaper issues, grocery shopping woes, hard days, comfy clothes, my cute kids and my messy house!

20 comments:

Jenny G said...

Your floors look so pretty! Nice work. And, congrats on one year of blogging. I've loved reading it.

little miss shortcake said...

happy bloggersversary!
your floors look great. i love having an open floorplan - they call it the "california" floorplan here.

Laura said...

I LOVE the floor! What a great idea to open up that space!! Awesome!!

KickButtMommy said...

Wow, I am seriously dying to rid ourselves of our nasty carpet and 80's tile and do the whole main floor in that stuff. Was it hard? Did you do it yourselves? It looks great, and good idea on the wall!

KickButtMommy said...

OH and of course on the blogging. Thanks for getting me motivated to figure mine out (I starte in April but did not post again until after I saw yours) and just look what you inspired? Lots and lots of other blogs!

Jessica Brown said...

The floor looks great.

And Happy Anniversary. I have to say that I think I'm a better person thanks to your blog. Your life makes mine just look and feel so easy!

Mindy said...

I love your new kitchen makeover! Doesn't it feel so much better to live there now? We have been wanting to tear out our current kitchen floor and put in some laminate for a long, long time. We even have all the laminate bought, but are building up the courage to do it. Did you guys do it yourself? We'll need some pointers!

Laura said...

PS- Happy Bloggersversary! I have sure enjoyed your blog the past year!

A fun thought- on blurb.com you can convert your blog into a book! I plan to do this once a year- like a journal! You should look into it! Yours is darling and I think it would be a great keepsake!

Kelly said...

Natalie your kitchen looks beautiful. I bet you love being able to move around in there with so much more space. I love it! And, I too celebrate this day in blogging history. I love your blog...I can always count on it for a laugh, lots of humor, cute pictures of kids, updates on your family...and did I mention it's funny?

Jen said...

You will love tose floors! I have them- just don't drop a granite rolling pin on them.

Keri said...

It is christensen as in Keri Wright Christensen. Hi Drew. I have been trying to find you . Love your blog. Keep in touch. You blog is amazing. Help. How do you do it so long. keri

Anonymous said...

Do tell.
What did you put on the floors? Laminate? Hard wood? Did Drew install it? Or did you have professionals?
It's lovely. I'm going to put it on my list of needs.

Natalie said...

Everyone:
We put laminate on the floors and I love it because it's very hard to scratch. We had a professional install it because we moved the island, knocked out the wall, and changed around some electrical stuff. Drew could have done it himself, but his work load has been just way toooo busy.

Judy said...

Love it! It looks so great!! And you're smart to have someone else do it. We tiled in January, and I will never do something like that again. In fact, we are finally re-grouting and sealing it tonight (yes - 9 months later). IT's SO worth the money to pay someone!!

Jeni and Dave said...

I had no idea you were having your floor done this week! I'm such a great friend. I hope I can see it soon. The pics look fabulous. Hooray!

Rachael said...

Oh gosh - I am quite jealous that you even OWN your house and can make these beautiful upgrades... Love the new floors and space. Congrats on finishing!

Hey - would love to see more pictures of Emily. How is she doing??

D-dawg said...

Natalie! It looks so amazing!!! We want to do this in our kitchen too. Congrats... having a nice kitchen is essential to a happy life (o:. It really does looks so great. How is Emily doing?? I want to hear about her and see pictures.

Alicia said...

Natalie and Drew- Hey it is Alicia (Wright)Fillmore. I'm not sure if you remember me. We met only a few times. It has been so much fun finding and reading your blog! You are so funny and you have a darling family. We were great friends with all of the Hoopes kids growing up and I love seeing where everyone is now. I saw the article in BYU magazine... great job Drew! Thanks for finding our blog and what you said about Paul. That meant a lot to me. We still miss him a lot. It is never really the same without him. Take care! Oh, and I love your floors! -Alicia (fillmores.org)

Brooke said...

Natalie, it really does look great. So bright, fresh, love the floors and your decor.

Happy bloggiversary. It's been so fun to feel extra updated with you throughout this year. I just love your blog! Thanks for fun, personal, interesting, hilarious, great posts throughout the year!

Evelyn said...

Natalie! It's gorgeous. YOu guys really have done an amazing job with your home- I love it. Also- Blake and I read about Drew in Marriot School of M. and are so proud of him! Happy Bloggersversary!